Special Education Law & Section 504
Parents of special needs children frequently do not know what their children’s rights are in terms of the education and services offered by the schools, and they frequently feel intimidated by school staff during case IEP meetings. Sometimes parents feel out of place and feel that they have little input to their child’s Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
Let us talk about it- please sign up here for a free 30-minute evaluation with Goz. Sign Up Here
Legal Checklist for Special Education:
- Has the school district refused to provide specific services for your child?
- Has the school district refused to conduct necessary evaluations of the child?
- Has your child made minimal progress despite special education services?
- Has the school district refused to devise an appropriate IEP based on the child’s individual needs?
- Has the school district refused to provide services that are recommended for your child?