K-12 students and their parents in public, charter and private schools face an array of problems that can jeopardize a student’s educational career and even post-secondary chances. As a mother of three school-aged children, I am constantly in the company of parents concerned about different code of conduct violations and what that could mean for their children’s college application.
Time and time again, statistics show that students of color, special needs students, LGBTQ students are fifty percent more likely to be punished than their peers. Data also proves that punishing a student because of their disability or gender identity increases the chances of recidivism. The hardening/over-policing of schools and the use of punitive rather than rehabilitative measures creates the environment where students are forced-fed through the school-to-prison pipeline. Learn more
If you need to speak to the firm about one of the K-12 issues listed above or some other K-12 issues, we would love to speak with you and share how we can help you. Please sign up here for a free 30-minute evaluation with Goz: Sign Up Here
- Online Bullying and Firm Bullying Issues
- Social Media Violations
- Disciplinary Proceedings for Code of Conduct Violations
- Academic Plagiarism or Cheating
- Suspensions, Expulsions and Alternative School Placement(DAEP)
- High Stakes Testing &Grade Advancement and Test Scores
- Clearing Student’s Records
- Grievance Hearings and Appeals
- Extracurricular Participation/University Interscholastic League (UIL) Issues.